UPDATED AND REVISED ON WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2023:
- Upcoming Events & Important Dates
- SAVE-THE-DATE: Boxers Hell’s Kitchen LGBTQ+ Sports Recruiting Event on Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN: USMS 38th Annual Ground Hog Masters Swim Meet in Westport, Connecticut on Sunday, February 5, 2023
- TICKETS NOW ON SALE: TNYA’s Annual Awards Banquet on Sunday, February 19, 2023
- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN: TNYA’s One Hour Swim on Saturday, February 25, 2023
- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN: Annual Spring Training Camp in Palm Springs in March 2023
- SAVE-THE-DATE: IGLA 2023 in London in June of 2023
- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN: Gay Games 2023 in Hong Kong and Guadalajara in November 2023
John Jay & Seahorse Practice Schedule Changes for 2023
In the new year, John Jay practices on the weekday mornings (Tuesdays and Thursdays) will start at 6:30am and end at 8am. John Jay practices on the weekday evenings (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays) will start at 7:15pm and end at 8:45pm. John Jay practices on Saturdays will continue to run from 11am and 2pm, but there will only be 2 90-minute practices rather than 3 60-minute practices (the first will be a speed swimming practice from 11am to 12:30pm and the second will be our Intermediate Swim Clinic Program’s “Low Pressure Zone” Swim practice from 12:30pm to 2pm). Artistic Swimming practices have been rescheduled from Mondays to Sundays from 5pm to 7pm at Seahorse Fitness. Water Polo practices have been rescheduled to start 30 minutes later at 7pm on Wednesdays at Seahorse Fitness. The new schedule is already reflected in Mindbody on the practice schedule calendar.
Practice Schedule Changes for Winter Season & Holiday Season
Due to swim meet season, we will not have Sacred Heart weekday practices starting November 1 through the end of February. Our practices on Saturdays at Sacred Heart will remain on the schedule through the winter. In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, we will not have water polo practice on Wednesday, November 23 or any swim practices or artistic swimming practices from Thanksgiving Day (November 24) to Sunday, November 27. Our regular practice schedule resumes on Monday, November 28. In observance of the Christmas and New Year holiday season, we will not have practices from Christmas Eve (December 24) to New Year’s Day (January 1). Keep an eye on our e-mail newsletters and our practice schedule calendar for information on our practice schedule changes during the holiday season.
2023 National Governing Body Membership
As the end of the year quickly approaches, please remember to renew your national governing body memberships early! You will not be able to attend practice in the new year without a 2023 national governing body membership. Please keep in mind that our staff has to manually verify your USMS membership in the system so there is considerable processing time for the verification process. For more information about national governing body membership, visit the the following websites: