UPDATED AND REVISED ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 9, 2022:
January Practice Schedule
Our practices at Sacred Heart and Seahorse Fitness started back up last week. Our first Brooklyn Armory practice of the year will be held on Tuesday, January 11 and our first LPZ session of the year at the Brooklyn Armory will be held on Wednesday, January 12. Please note that the Brooklyn Armory will be closed for construction between January 18 and the February 2. We anticipate that we will restart our regular practice schedule at the Brooklyn Armory on February 8, but this depends on the construction. Check this page and our practice schedule calendar frequently for details and updates.
National Governing Body Membership Renewal for 2022
Remember to renew your national governing body (US Masters Swimming, USA Water Polo & USA Artistic Swimming) membership before you attend practice in the new year. Keep in mind that Mindbody will block you from booking practices in the new year until your 2022 membership is verified. Unfortunately, we have to process verifications manually and they take time, so please renew your membership as soon as possible. Directions for renewing your membership are here.
One Hour Swim Fundraising Drive & Winter Coats/Donate Goods Drive
We kicked off our 2021-2022 One Hour Swim Fundraising Drive right before Thanksgiving! We are already accepting donations. Registration is open if you are interested in swimming the one hour swim, which officially runs from January 1 to January 31. If you have any questions about our annual winter fundraising drive and this year’s charity beneficiary, the Alliance for Positive Change, visit our OHS Fundraising Drive information page here.
The Alliance also welcomes winter coats and other donated goods. The Alliance, in partnership with DonateNYC & New York Cares, is just one of the service organizations in the city that serve as a drop-off location for winter coats and other donated goods. DonateNYC has a comprehensive list and map of all of the drop-off sites in their network. If you would like to donate goods, feel free to stop by the Alliance during drop-off hours, or stop by any DonateNYC network drop-off site to make your donation. Please note that, because of the success of the DonateNYC & New York Cares winter coat drive, the Alliance often has a surplus of coats by mid-December. The Alliance usually has a greater need for winter hats, winter gloves, winter scarves, gift cards and toys for Christmas gifts for kids in need.
New 2 Workouts-per-Week Monthly Subscription Plan Available
TNYA is now offering a new monthly subscription for 2 workouts per week at the cost $115 per month. This new subscription plan is now available for purchase in MindBody.
A few things to point out:
- This membership can be used for all sports in any combination.
- Workouts do not carry over from week to week. Workouts renew at the beginning of the week and expire at the end of the week.
- Active governing body memberships are required for all sports.
- Remember to delete your current membership before updating your new one to prevent a double charge.
We are offering this subscription option to our loyal members, but with pool costs rising, we can’t guarantee this subscription price will last forever. We encourage every member to take advantage of this price as soon as possible–it works out to be only an extra $10 per week to add an additional practice to your existing subscription!
Other Upcoming Events & Important Dates (in chronological order):
- National Governing Body (USMS, USA Water Polo, USA Artistic Swimming) New Membership Program Year starts on January 1
- USMS Virtual One Hour Swim Challenge from January 1 to January 31
- USMS Virtual Winter Fitness Challenge from January 1 to January 31
- TNYA’s Annual General Meeting & Board Elections on Monday, January 10 starting @ 7pm
- TNYA’s First Practice of the Year at the Brooklyn Armory on Tuesday, January 11 starting @ 7am
- TNYA’s First LPZ Clinic of the Year at the Brooklyn Armory on Wednesday, January 12 starting @ 7pm
ARCHIVED PRESS RELEASES
Past Events (in chronological order):
- TNYA’s One Hour Swim Fundraising Drive Kick-Off Happy Hour @ Toolbox starting @ 6pm
- Front Runners’ Monthly Happy Hour at Henrietta Hudson on Friday (12/3) starting at 6:30pm
- NYC Gay Hockey Association Fundraising Hockey Marathon on Saturday (12/4)
- Trevor the Musical LGBTQ+ Sports Night on Friday, December 17 starting @ 8pm
- TNYA’s Last Practice/Workout/Clinic of 2021 on Wednesday, December 22
- TNYA’s Winter Holiday Season Break from December 23 to January 2
- TNYA’s First Practice/Workout/Clinic of 2022 on Monday, January 3
- TNYA’s Annual Awards Banquet on the evening of Sunday, January 9 starting @ 5pm (POSTPONED DUE TO COVID SURGE)
PRESS RELEASE OF NOVEMBER 20, 2021:
Our 2021-2022 One Hour Swim (OHS) Fundraising Drive kicks off on Tuesday (November 23)! Join us at Toolbox for happy hour drink specials from 6pm to 8pm and karaoke from 9pm to 1am. For more information about our annual winter fundraiser, visit our OHS information page here.
There will not be any practices during the Thanksgiving Day Holiday Weekend (Thursday, November 25 to Sunday, November 28). There will not be water polo practice on Wednesday, November 24. Speed Swimming and LPZ (our intermediate clinics) will be offered on Wednesday, November 24. We started a new practice and clinic schedule starting on Monday, November 1. See our practice & clinic schedule calendar for our current offerings, as well as schedule changes for the holidays in December.