UPDATED AND REVISED ON MONDAY, JUNE 28, 2021:
If you missed our ad during the NYC Pride Virtual Pride March Broadcast (or just want to re-watch it), you can check it out below. Thank you to Andrew Anson (curator/director, videography & video editing), Jonathan Smith (music), Francesca Tartaglione (actress) and other teammates for creating this ad for us!
ARCHIVED PRESS RELEASE OF SATURDAY, JUNE 26, 2021:
Join us for our Pride Saturday Swim Practice at Sacred Heart at 5:30pm on Saturday, June 26! We are offering our members a special 50% discount for this practice. Book this practice now in Mindbody through our practice schedule.
Join us for our First Annual Pride Sunday Open Water Swim at Brighton Beach at noon on Sunday, June 27! We will be meeting at noon in front of Grimaldo’s Chair on the beach near the intersection of 4th Street and the boardwalk. More details are available here.
Join us for the NYC Pride Virtual Pride March Broadcast starting at noon on Sunday, June 27! Andy Anson and Jonathan Smith, two of our members, created an ad for us that will air during the broadcast! More details are available on their website.
As reopening continues, there will be other in-person events and virtual events produced by other organizations in the city during pride month! The list below are a few pride events in the city. This is not an exhaustive list. If you would like to have any events added to this list, please reach out to us to let us know. We are meeting at Brighton Beach every weekend for open water swimming together. If you would like to connect with teammates to participate together in any of these events, reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Pride Month Events (in chronological order):
- Heritage of Pride’s Official NYC Pride Events from May 26 to June 27 (In-Person & Virtual)
- Brooklyn Pride Events from June 7 to June 13 (including Brooklyn Pride Run) (In-Person & Virtual)
- OutCycling’s Annual Pride Ride on Sunday, June 13 (In-Person & Virtual)
- Our First Official In-Person Social Event of the Year @ Hibernia Bar on Tuesday, June 15 @ 6:30pm (Details in archives below) (In-Person)
- Front Runners 40th Annual LGBTQ+ Pride Run Events from Tuesday, June 22 to Wednesday, June 30 (In-Person & Virtual)
- Front Runners’ Pride Week Kick-Off Social/Pre-Pride Run Happy Hour @ Boxers Chelsea (37 West 20th Street) on Tuesday, June 22 @ 6:00pm (until 10:00pm [no proof of vaccination required]) (In-Person)
- Front Runners’ Virtual Panel on Intersectionality on Wednesday, June 23 (Virtual Facebook Live Recording)
- Front Runners’ Virtual Pride Run from Friday, June 25 to Wednesday, June 30 (Virtual)
- Front Runners’ Annual In-Person Pride Run on Saturday, June 26 (In-Person)
- Front Runners’ Pride Weekend Party/Post-Pride Run Happy Hour @ Boxers Chelsea (37 West 20th Street) on Saturday, June 26 @ 3:00pm (Front Runners happy hour officially ends at 6pm but everyone is welcome to stay until close [no proof of vaccination required]) (In-Person)
- Dyke March on Saturday, June 26 (In-Person)
- Reclaim Pride Coalition’s Third Annual Pride March on Sunday, June 27 (In-Person)
- TNYA’s Pride Saturday Swim Practice at Sacred Heart at 5:30pm on Saturday, June 26 (special 50% discount for members, see practice schedule to register) (In-Person)
- TNYA and Coney Island & Brighton Beach Open Water Swimmer’s First Annual Pride Swim at Brighton Beach at noon on Sunday, June 27 (In-Person)
You can also continuing celebrating pride in August with WorldPride 2021 and EuroGames 2021 (Copenhagen 2021) in Copenhagen, Denmark.
ARCHIVED PRESS RELEASES:
PRESS RELEASE OF JUNE 6, 2021: Join us for our first official in-person indoor social event of the year! We will be watching the USA Olympic Swimming Team Trials with our friends at Red Tide Masters Swimming at Hibernia Bar in Hell’s Kitchen on Tuesday, June 15 starting at 6:30pm! See you there! Connect with teammates attending the happy hour on our Facebook Event Page. Don’t forget that the USA Olympic Diving Team Trials are also going on this month. We are also meeting at Brighton Beach every weekend for open water swimming together. If you would like to connect with teammates to participate together in any of these events, reach out to us at: email@example.com