TNYA provides financial aid to those who wish to swim with us but are unable to afford the practice fees through the Paul Fortoul Fellowship Program. The Program is named in memory of our beloved late coach, swimmer and mentor Paul Fortoul (1958-2007).
The program provides financial assistance to team members without means to participate in our programs. Funds may also be used to provide financial assistance for practices and clinics as well as defray costs associated with attending competitions. The program is funded by donations, 100% of which go directly towards the stated goals of the program.
Applications to the program are accepted year round on a rolling basis. Although TNYA aspires to fund all applications, financial limitations prevent us from doing so. Applicants must have valid national governing body membership in order to receive a fellowship grant.
Application are accepted year round. To apply, your application package should include:
- Your name and phone number.
- Please describe briefly why you have the need for the Fellowship funds.
- Describe why swimming with TNYA is important to you, what you hope to get out of it, and specific examples of how you have given back to the team or what you can do to help give back to the team.
- Have you received the Fortoul Fellowship previously? If so, how many times?
- Are you applying for a 50% discount or a 75% discount? How much can you afford to pay for each practice? How many times per week would you like to go to practice?
All information provided by you will be kept confidential and will not be shared with anyone apart from Scholarship Committee members and members of the Board of Directors without your consent. E-mail your application with the subject “TNYA Paul Fortoul Fellowship Program Application” to our Scholarship Committee at: email@example.com
You will receive a reply from the committee after consideration.
To contribute to the program, you can donate to TNYA using Pledge.to.
Contributions to the program are tax-deductible as permissible by law. Please talk to a tax professional for details.