UPDATED AND REVISED ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2021:
The Paul Fortoul Fellowship Program is named in memory of our beloved late coach, swimmer and mentor Paul Fortoul (1958-2007). We created our “Swimming Scholarship” program in the spring of 2007 to provide a permanent structure for financial assistance. The program was named in honor of Paul Fortoul in early 2008 after his death in December 2007.
The program provides financial assistance to team members without means to participate in our programs. Funds may also be used to provide financial assistance for practices and clinics as well as defray costs associated with attending competitions. The program is funded by donations, 100% of which go directly towards the stated goals of the program; administration of the program is paid for by the outside funds from the team’s general operating budget.
To contribute to the program, you can donate in $50 increments online using MINDBODY. Click here to donate online.
Or, make your check out to “Team New York Aquatics, Inc.” with a note on the check that the payment is a “Paul Fortoul Fellowship Program Donation.” Your check can be mailed to:
Team New York Aquatics
Post Office Box 2274
Radio City Station
New York, New York 10101
You may also email the Team Administrator to make other arrangements for donation.
Contributions to the program are tax-deductible as permissible by law. Please talk to a tax professional for details.
Applications to the program are accepted year round. Please remember that awards are made on the basis of need and that not all requests may be granted due to the availability of funds. Applicants must have valid national governing body membership in order to receive a fellowship grant.
Application are accepted year round. To apply, your application package should include:
- Your name and phone number.
- Please describe briefly why you have the need for the Fellowship funds.
- Describe why swimming with TNYA is important to you, what you hope to get out of it, and specific examples of how you have given back to the team or what you can do to help give back to the team.
- Have you received the Fortoul Fellowship previously? If so, how many times?
- The Fortoul Fellowship usually provides a 50% subsidy for practices & the TNYA Annual Fee, but can support up to 75% in exceptional cases. Which subsidy are you applying for? Consider your financial ability to pay, how much you can afford to pay for each practice, and how many times per week you would like to go to practice. Provide any additional information you would like the Committee to consider, and please keep in mind that not all requests may be honored in the interest of making TNYA practices accessible to all.
All information provided by you will be kept confidential and will not be shared with anyone apart from Fellowship Committee members and the Team Administrator without your consent. E-mail your application to our review committee at: email@example.com
You will receive a reply from the committee after consideration.