UPDATED AND REVISED ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2022:
- Upcoming Events & Important Dates
- SAVE-THE-DATE: IGLA Annual General Meeting (Virtual) on Saturday, November 26
- SAVE-THE-DATE: One Hour Swim on Saturday, January 28, 2023
- SAVE-THE-DATE: Boxers Hell’s Kitchen LGBTQ+ Sports Recruiting Event on Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- SAVE-THE-DATE: Annual Spring Training Camp in Palm Springs in March 2023
- SAVE-THE-DATE: IGLA 2023 in London in June of 2023
- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN: Gay Games 2023 in Hong Kong and Guadalajara in November 2023
Practice Schedule Changes for Winter Season & Holiday Season
Due to swim meet season, we will not have Sacred Heart weekday practices starting November 1 through the end of February. Our practices on Saturdays at Sacred Heart will remain on the schedule through the winter. In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, we will not have water polo practice on Wednesday, November 23 or any swim practices or artistic swimming practices from Thanksgiving Day (November 24) to Sunday, November 27. Our regular practice schedule resumes on Monday, November 28. Keep an eye on our e-mail newsletters and our practice schedule calendar for information on our practice schedule changes during the holiday season.
Artistic Swimming Practices are now on Sundays!
Artistic swimming practices are on Sundays starting on November 13! Join us every Sunday at Seahorse Fitness from 6:00pm to 8:00pm! Practices will include introductory clinics for those new to artistic swimming. We are also excited to announce that we are working on bringing advanced artistic swimming practices to our practices at Sacred Heart on Saturdays from 5:00pm to 6:30pm. We are finalizing the contract. As soon as the contract is finalized, we will update Mindbody with artistic swimming practices on Saturdays. Details about our practice schedule are available on the practice schedule calendar.
Low Pressure Zone is back at John Jay on Saturdays!
Our intermediate swimming clinics, “Low Pressure Zone” (LPZ), return to John Jay College on Saturday, September 10! LPZ practices will be held on Saturdays from 1:00pm to 2:00pm at John Jay College. This 60-minute clinic-style practice for intermediate swimmers created a space for swimmers with basic skills to help them improve technique building up to masters-level swimming. Our mission is to attract new swimmers who have historically been excluded from pool access, especially people of color and the trans/gender non-confirming/non-binary community. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to bring LPZ back to Sacred Heart or the Brooklyn Armory at this time. More information here.
Fall Practice Schedule & Unlimited Monthly Subscription Plan Rate Increase
Our Unlimited Monthly Subscription Rate will increase from $115 per month to $140 per month on September 1. If you want to cancel and/or change your unlimited monthly subscription plan, please follow the directions on the bottom of the page here.
Our new fall schedule will take effect on Labor Day (September 5). There will not be any practices on Labor Day. We are excited to announce that John Jay practices will start back up on Tuesday, September 6! With this exciting news, we anticipate a surge of new and returning members. We kindly ask for your patience as our MindBody team works to get everyone registered in an orderly and efficient manner. Our average turn around time is 48 hours from outreach to activation. Please be mindful of this turnaround time when planning your swims.
In order to book your practice, you must follow the steps listed here. Anyone without an verified USMS membership and TNYA membership will not be permitted to book practices online. Anyone who shows up to practice without these prerequisites will not be allowed to swim.
Details on the fall practice schedule are as follows:
- John Jay: John Jay practices will start back up on Tuesday, September 6! John Jay will offer practices on Tuesday & Thursday mornings (6:00am to 7:30am), Monday/Wednesday/Friday evenings (6:00pm to 7:30pm), and Saturdays (11:00am to 2:00pm). Please note at the hours on Saturday are subject to change. Our “Low Pressure Zone” Intermediate Swim Clinics (LPZ) return to John Jay on Saturday 10. LPZ will be held on Saturdays from 1:00pm to 2:00pm. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to bring LPZ back to Sacred Heart or the Brooklyn Armory at this time. Please read the COVID policies and procedures thoroughly before you attend practice at this location. Please consult the Mindbody practice schedule for details. Please note that we are currently assigning coaches and gatekeepers for these practices. If you are interested in coaching or gatekeeping, but have not yet reached out to team management, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sacred Heart: Sacred Heart practices will continue on Tuesday, September 6. Weekday practices (Tuesdays and Thursdays) will run from 8:00pm to 9:30pm starting on Tuesday, September 13. Weekday practices will remain on their summer schedule (6:30pm to 8:00pm) on Tuesday, September 6 and Thursday, September 8. Saturday practices will resume on September 10. Saturday practices will remain the same time as in the spring (5:00pm to 6:30pm).
- Seahorse Fitness: Seahorse Fitness practices will continue to be on Wednesdays from 6:30pm to 8:30pm for water polo. Artistic Swimming practices move to Sundays from 6:00pm to 8:000pm starting November 13.
- Brooklyn Amory: The Brooklyn Armory practices started back up on September 28! Practices will continue to be offered on Tuesday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
Keep an eye on our website and e-mail newsletter for more details on our fall practice schedule. For details on practices already confirmed, check out our practice schedule calendar in Mindbody. If you have questions for team management not answered above, please reach out to us at: email@example.com
Staff (Coaches, Gatekeepers & Clinic Instructors) Needed
Please note that we are searching for new staff: masters coaches, gatekeepers and clinic instructors. Coaches prepare workouts and coach our members for our masters program (our biggest needs are US Masters Swimming Coaches and USA Diving Certified Competition Coaches). Gatekeepers check in our members before each practice. We are also searching for clinic instructors as we work to rebuild our masters swimming clinic programs (LPZ and Adult Learn-to-Swim). Clinic instructors work with our clinic students in our clinic programs. For details about qualification, certifications, roles, duties and compensation, reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org