Major News Updates & Upcoming Events (in chronological order):
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Read about our Summer Programming, including our Soft Reopening of our Practices in NYC Indoor Pools currently in the Early Planning Phase
- IMPORTANT: Our Statement in Support of Ongoing #BlackLivesMatter Protests Condemning Policy Brutality & Racial Discrimination
- IMPORTANT: Donations now accepted for Fundraising Drive for 2021 International Gay & Lesbian Aquatics Championships (IGLA 2021) in Salt Lake City
- IMPORTANT: Join OutCycling for their Summer Training Series (started on 7/11)
- IMPORTANT: Registration now open for the Cycle for the Cause Virtual Fundraising Campaign Event (275 Challenge) benefitting the LGBTQ+ Center of Manhattan (on 7/18)
- IMPORTANT: All of our practices are cancelled and operations are suspended until further notice due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Other Upcoming Events, Programs & Virtual Experiences:
- OutCycling Summer Training Series (7/11-8/22)
- Cycle for the Cause Virtual Fundraising Challenge (7/18)
- Get Out & Trek Day Trips to Upstate New York (7/18 and 7/19)
- AIDS Walk New York Live Stream (7/19)
- OutCycling Pride Ride (9/13)
- #BlackLivesMatter Protests and Actions in New York City (@JusticeForGeorgeNYC on Instagram)
- IMPORTANT: Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), All Practices Cancelled & All Operations Suspended Until Further Notice
- Governor Andrew Cuomo has ordered all non-essential businesses in New York State to remain closed until further notice (External Link)
- New York City Government has cancelled all permitted gatherings through the end of June (including NYC Pride events) (External Link)
- New York Road Runners has cancelled all in-person events through August 15 (External Link)
- For all other events listed below organized by other organizers, reach out directly to the organizers for information about cancellation and, if applicable, refund policy
- SAVE-THE-DATE: IGLA 2021 will be held in Salt Lake City in May 2021
- ATTENTION: Shop on Amazon using Amazon Smile for a portion of your purchase to be donated to TNYA!
- TNYA’s Summer 2020 Programming (7/1-9/30)
- New York City Triathlon (7/19)
- 2020 Olympic Games (Tokyo 2020) in Tokyo, Japan (7/24-8/9)
- EuroGames 2020 in Dusseldorf, Germany (8/5-9)
- USMS Summer National Championships in Richmond, Virginia (8/12-16)
- OutCycling’s Asbury Park Beach Ride to Asbury Park, New Jersey (8/14-16)
- 2020 Buenos Aires LGBTQ+ Games (Buenos Aires 2020) in Buenos Aires, Argentina (11/7-15)
- 2021 International Gay & Lesbian Aquatics Championships (IGLA 2021) in Salt Lake City (May 2021)
*Events also listed on our Facebook page here.
Find a more exhaustive list of events below.
ATTENTION: When you shop using Amazon Smile, Amazon makes a donation to the non-profit of your choice! That non-profit can be TNYA! Learn more about Amazon Smile here.
Full List of Upcoming Special Events, Social Gatherings and Registration Deadlines (in chronological order):
- July 1-September 30: TNYA’s Summer 2020 Programming
- July 19: New York City Triathlon
- July 24-August 9: 2020 Olympic Games (Tokyo 2020) in Tokyo, Japan
- August 5-9: EuroGames 2020 in Dusseldorf, Germany
- August 12-16: USMS Summer National Championships in Richmond, Virginia
- August 14-16: OutCycling’s Asbury Park Beach Ride
- September 11-13: Cycle for the Cause from Boston to New York City
- October 15-18: USA Synchronized Swimming Masters National Championships
- November: 50th Annual New York Marathon
- November 7-15: 2020 Buenos Aires LGBTQ+ Games (Buenos Aires 2020) in Buenos Aires, Argentina. For more information, visit Argentina’s LGBT Federation’s website at: www.falgbt.org
- May 24-28, 2021: IGLA 2021 in Salt Lake City, Utah
- August 12-22, 2021: WorldPride 2021 and EuroGames 2021 (Copenhagen 2021) in Copenhagen, Denmark. For more information, visit their website at: www.copenhagen2021.com
- November 2022: Gay Games XI (Hong Kong 2022) in Hong Kong. For more information, visit their website at: www.gaygameshk2022.com
*Events also listed on our Facebook page here.
This is not an exhaustive list of upcoming events. You can find more events under the IGLA umbrella on the IGLA Online Event Calendar. You can find a list of all upcoming US Masters Swimming-sanctioned swim meets in the ClubAssistant Database of Upcoming Masters Swim Meets. You can find a list of all USA Water Polo-sanctioned events on the USA Water Polo’s Online Event Calendar. You can find a list of all USA Diving-sanctioned events on the USA Diving Online Event Calendar. You can find a list of all USA Synchronized Swimming-sanctioned events on the USA Synchronized Swimming Online Event Calendar.
Include the hashtag #igla2019 on all of IGLA 2019 posts on social media and tag us in your Instagram stories (@teamnewyorkaquatics)! We will be reposting the best content throughout the rest of the year in the run up to IGLA 2020!
Throughout the year, we hold a number of special events, which include our monthly happy hour, our annual swim meet, our annual water polo tournament, and other athletic events, social events, community building, community engagement and community service.
Our team’s special events and social events generally include: our annual general meeting, our annual fundraiser (One Hour Swim) in the winter; our Annual Training Camp, an annual swim meet (Aquapalooza), and annual water polo tournament (Holedrive) in the spring; picnics and beach days (such as our Asbury Park Icebreaker and Central Park picnics) in the summer; and our annual awards banquet at the end of the year. We also have a monthly happy hour. In addition to our own fundraising efforts, we have participated in other fundraising efforts as well (such as the AIDS Walk), volunteered with Heritage of Pride during pride month, and built community through networking events like Jockathon.
This year, we are hosting the 2019 International Gay & Lesbian Aquatics Championships (IGLA 2019) June 23-29 during NYC Pride, WorldPride 2019, and Stonewall50. Because we are hosting the premier international LGBTQ+ aquatics competition this year, we will not be hosting our normal annual swim meet and water polo tournament in the spring of 2019. More information about IGLA 2019 is available here.
If you have any questions or would like more information about our events, contact our Event Planning Committee here.