UPDATED AND REVISED ON SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2020:
Major News Updates & Upcoming Events (in chronological order):
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Registration Now Open for Practices through 12/5
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Join Us for the Virtual 2020 Awards Banquet & Holiday Party on 12/17
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Fill Out our 2020 Awards Nomination Form to Nominate your Teammates for Awards (Deadline to submit nominations is 12/6)
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Sign-up to Perform in Our Virtual Awards Banquet Drag Talent Show (Deadline to sign-up is 12/7)
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Fill Out the New Gay Games Hong Kong 2022 Survey
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Watch YouTube Video of the Gay Games Hong Kong 2022 Webinar held on 11/12
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Read the OutSports Article about the 2022 Gay Games in Hong Kong and 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Special Fall Promotion for USMS & USA Water Polo 2021 Membership!
- IMPORTANT: New Members Are Welcome To Join Now
- IMPORTANT: IGLA 2021 in Salt Lake City in May 2021 has been postponed
- IMPORTANT: Planning underway for 2021 Board Elections, 2020 Financial Closeout & Next Annual Meeting
- IMPORTANT: TNYA and IGLA featured in USMS Swimming Magazine Piece
- IMPORTANT: Read our open letters to New York City government officials in response to New York Magazine’s article about New York City public pools, beaches and lifeguards
- IMPORTANT: Read our Statement in Support of Ongoing #BlackLivesMatter Protests Condemning Policy Brutality & Racial Discrimination
- IMPORTANT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advisory: We Reopened on Saturday, October 3!
- Governor Andrew Cuomo has ordered all non-essential businesses in New York State to remain closed until further notice (External Link)
- Mayor Bill DeBlasio’s Administration has created a list of COVID-19 community services in New York City
- Mayor Bill DeBlasio has authorized gyms and indoor pools in New York City to reopen (NYC COVID-19 RESTART Guidance for Businesses and Schools)
- For all other events listed below organized by other organizers, reach out directly to the organizers for information about cancellation and, if applicable, refund policy
- SAVE-THE-DATE: Gay Games 2022 will be held in Hong Kong in November 2022
- ATTENTION: Shop on Amazon using Amazon Smile for a portion of your purchase to be donated to TNYA!
*Events also listed on our Facebook page here.
Find a more exhaustive list of events below.
ATTENTION: When you shop using Amazon Smile, Amazon makes a donation to the non-profit of your choice! That non-profit can be TNYA! Learn more about Amazon Smile here.
Full List of Upcoming Special Events, Social Gatherings and Registration Deadlines (in chronological order):
- September 20-December 19: TNYA’s Fall 2020 Programming*
- November 2020-January 2021: TNYA’s Closeout 2020 (Awards Banquet & Holiday Party, Annual Meeting, Financial Closeout & Board Elections)*
- December 17: Annual Awards Banquet & Holiday Party*
- November 2020-March 2021: TNYA’s Winter 2020-2021 Programming
- May 2021 (POSTPONED): IGLA 2021 in Salt Lake City, Utah
- August 2021: WorldPride 2021 and EuroGames 2021 (Copenhagen 2021) in Copenhagen, Denmark. For more information, visit their website at: www.copenhagen2021.com
- November 2022: Gay Games XI (Hong Kong 2022) (which will include IGLA 2022) in Hong Kong. For more information, visit their website at: www.gaygameshk2022.com
*Events also listed on our Facebook page here.
This is not an exhaustive list of upcoming events. You can find more events under the IGLA umbrella on the IGLA Online Event Calendar. You can find a list of all upcoming US Masters Swimming-sanctioned swim meets in the ClubAssistant Database of Upcoming Masters Swim Meets. You can find a list of all USA Water Polo-sanctioned events on the USA Water Polo’s Online Event Calendar. You can find a list of all USA Diving-sanctioned events on the USA Diving Online Event Calendar. You can find a list of all USA Synchronized Swimming-sanctioned events on the USA Synchronized Swimming Online Event Calendar.
Throughout the year, we hold a number of special events, which include our monthly happy hour, our annual swim meet, our annual water polo tournament, and other athletic events, social events, community building, community engagement and community service.
Our team’s special events and social events generally include: our annual general meeting, our annual fundraiser (One Hour Swim) in the winter; our Annual Training Camp, an annual swim meet (Aquapalooza), and annual water polo tournament (Holedrive) in the spring; picnics and beach days (such as our Asbury Park Icebreaker and Central Park picnics) in the summer; and our annual awards banquet at the end of the year. We also have a monthly happy hour. In addition to our own fundraising efforts, we have participated in other fundraising efforts as well (such as the AIDS Walk), volunteered with Heritage of Pride during pride month, and built community through networking events like Jockathon.
This year, we are hosting the 2019 International Gay & Lesbian Aquatics Championships (IGLA 2019) June 23-29 during NYC Pride, WorldPride 2019, and Stonewall50. Because we are hosting the premier international LGBTQ+ aquatics competition this year, we will not be hosting our normal annual swim meet and water polo tournament in the spring of 2019. More information about IGLA 2019 is available here.
If you have any questions or would like more information about our events, contact our Event Planning Committee here.