Major News Updates & Upcoming Events (in chronological order):
- UPCOMING EVENTS: Virtual Social Events (IGLA Water Polo Trivia (5/30), Brooklyn Pride 5K (6/13), Virtual LGBTQ+ Aquatics Pride Roundtable (6/20) & More)
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), All TNYA Practices Cancelled & All Operations Suspended Until Further Notice
- Governor Andrew Cuomo has ordered all non-essential businesses in New York State to remain closed until further notice (External Link)
- New York City Government has cancelled all permitted gatherings through the end of June (External Link)
- Heritage of Pride has cancelled all in-person events for New York City Pride in June (External Link)
- New York Road Runners has cancelled all in-person events through August 15 (External Link)
- For all other events listed below organized by other organizers, reach out directly to the organizers for information about cancellation and, if applicable, refund policy
- SAVE-THE-DATE: IGLA 2021 will be held in Salt Lake City, Utah in May 2021!
- ATTENTION: Shop on Amazon using Amazon Smile for a portion of your purchase to be donated to TNYA!
- Paris International Tournament in Paris, France (5/29-30)**
- AIDS/LifeCycle 2020 from San Francisco to Los Angeles (5/31-6/6)
- Montreal ACC’s Water Polo Tournament in Montreal, Canada (6/13-14)**
- OutCycling’s New York City Pride Ride (6/14)
- UANA Pan-American Masters Championships in Medellin, Colombia (6/17-27)
- Front Runners New York’s Pride Run (6/27)
- New York City Pride March (6/28)
- New York City Triathlon (7/19)
- The 2020 Olympic Games (Tokyo 2020) in Tokyo, Japan (7/24-8/9)
- EuroGames 2020 in Dusseldorf, Germany (8/5-9)
- USMS Summer National Championships in Richmond, Virginia (8/12-16)
- OutCycling’s Asbury Park Beach Ride (8/14-16)
*Events also listed on our Facebook page here.
**To play with TNYA Water Polo in water polo tournaments, please reach out to our coaching staff to coordinate here.
***This water polo tournament has individual registration and random team assignments, so no coordination with TNYA water polo coaching staff is necessary, but please reach out to our coaching staff so that they can note your registration here.
Find a more exhaustive list of events below.
ATTENTION: When you shop using Amazon Smile, Amazon makes a donation to the non-profit of your choice! That non-profit can be TNYA! Learn more about Amazon Smile here.
Full List of Upcoming Special Events, Social Gatherings and Registration Deadlines (in chronological order):
- April 22-June 30: Weekly Virtual Social Events
- May 29-30: Paris International Tournament in Paris, France
- May 31-June 6: AIDS/LifeCycle 2020 from San Francisco to Los Angeles
- June 7: Queens Pride
- June 13: Brooklyn Pride
- June 13-14: Montreal ACC Water Polo Tournament in Montreal, Canada
- June 14: OutCycling’s New York City Pride Ride
- June 14-28: Heritage of Pride’s New York City Pride Events
- June 17-27: UANA Pan-American Masters Championships in Medellin, Colombia
- June 27: Front Runners New York’s Pride Run
- June 28: Heritage of Pride’s New York City Pride March (down Fifth Avenue and Christopher Street in Manhattan)
- July 19: New York City Triathlon
- July 24-August 9: The 2020 Olympic Games (Tokyo 2020) in Tokyo, Japan
- August 5-9: EuroGames 2020 in Dusseldorf, Germany
- August 12-16: USMS Summer National Championships in Richmond, Virginia
- August 14-16: OutCycling’s Asbury Park Beach Ride
- September 11-13: Cycle for the Cause from Boston to New York City
- October 15-18: USA Synchronized Swimming Masters National Championships
- November: 50th Annual New York Marathon
- November 7-15: 2020 Buenos Aires LGBTQ+ Games (Buenos Aires 2020) in Buenos Aires, Argentina. For more information, visit Argentina’s LGBT Federation’s website at: www.falgbt.org
- May 24-28, 2021: IGLA 2021 in Salt Lake City, Utah
- August 12-22, 2021: WorldPride 2021 and EuroGames 2021 (Copenhagen 2021) in Copenhagen, Denmark. For more information, visit their website at: www.copenhagen2021.com
- November 2022: Gay Games XI (Hong Kong 2022) in Hong Kong. For more information, visit their website at: www.gaygameshk2022.com
*Events also listed on our Facebook page here.
This is not an exhaustive list of upcoming events. You can find more events under the IGLA (International Gay & Lesbian Aquatics Association) umbrella on the IGLA Online Event Calendar. You can find a list of all upcoming USMS-sanctioned swim meets in the ClubAssistant Database of Upcoming Masters Swim Meets. You can find a list of all USA Water Polo-sanctioned events on the USA Water Polo’s Online Event Calendar. You can find a list of all USA Diving-sanctioned events on the USA Diving Online Event Calendar. You can find a list of all USA Synchronized Swimming-sanctioned events on the USA Synchronized Swimming Online Event Calendar.
Include the hashtag #igla2019 on all of IGLA 2019 posts on social media and tag us in your Instagram stories (@teamnewyorkaquatics)! We will be reposting the best content throughout the rest of the year in the run up to IGLA 2020!
Throughout the year, we hold a number of special events, which include our monthly happy hour, our annual swim meet, our annual water polo tournament, and other athletic events, social events, community building, community engagement and community service.
Our team’s special events and social events generally include: our annual general meeting, our annual fundraiser (One Hour Swim) in the winter; our Annual Training Camp, an annual swim meet (Aquapalooza), and annual water polo tournament (Holedrive) in the spring; picnics and beach days (such as our Asbury Park Icebreaker and Central Park picnics) in the summer; and our annual awards banquet at the end of the year. We also have a monthly happy hour. In addition to our own fundraising efforts, we have participated in other fundraising efforts as well (such as the AIDS Walk), volunteered with Heritage of Pride during pride month, and built community through networking events like Jockathon.
This year, we are hosting the 2019 International Gay & Lesbian Aquatics Championships (IGLA 2019) June 23-29 during NYC Pride, WorldPride 2019, and Stonewall50. Because we are hosting the premier international LGBTQ+ aquatics competition this year, we will not be hosting our normal annual swim meet and water polo tournament in the spring of 2019. More information about IGLA 2019 is available here.
If you have any questions or would like more information about our events, contact our Event Planning Committee here.