UPDATED AND REVISED ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 17, 2021:
Major News Updates & Upcoming Events (in chronological order):
- REGISTER NOW: Registration Now Open for Practices through Saturday, January 23
- SAVE-THE-DATE: Annual Meeting with 2020 Fiscal Year Closeout, 2021 Board Elections & Virtual One Hour Swim Kick-Off at Virtual Town Hall on 1/25; Deadline to submit candidate statement to run for 2021 Board of Directors on 1/20
- SAVE-THE-DATE: Virtual Q&A with Olympian Kara Lynn Joyce on 1/28
- SAVE-THE-DATE: Complete your Virtual One Hour Swim on your own anytime before 2/28
- IMPORTANT: Renew Your USMS Membership before registering for Practices in 2021
- IMPORTANT: If you are interested in running for the Board in 2021, submit your candidate statement ASAP
- IMPORTANT: 2021 Synchro Calendars Now On Sale!
- IMPORTANT: Now Hiring a Head Coach for the Diving Team!
- IMPORTANT: New Members Are Welcome To Join Now
- IMPORTANT: Recap of Awards Banquet on 12/17
- IMPORTANT: Fill Out the New Gay Games Hong Kong 2022 Survey
- IMPORTANT: Watch YouTube Video of the Gay Games Hong Kong 2022 Webinar held on 11/12
- IMPORTANT: Read the OutSports Article about the 2022 Gay Games in Hong Kong and 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing
- IMPORTANT: Special Fall Promotion for USMS & USA Water Polo 2021 Membership!
- IMPORTANT: IGLA 2021 in Salt Lake City in May 2021 has been postponed indefinitely
- IMPORTANT: TNYA and IGLA featured in USMS Swimming Magazine Piece
- IMPORTANT: Read our open letters to New York City government officials in response to New York Magazine’s article about New York City public pools, beaches and lifeguards
- IMPORTANT: Read our Statement in Support of Ongoing #BlackLivesMatter Protests Condemning Policy Brutality & Racial Discrimination
- SAVE-THE-DATE: Gay Games 2022 will be held in Hong Kong in November 2022
- ATTENTION: Shop on Amazon using Amazon Smile for a portion of your purchase to be donated to TNYA!
*Events also listed on our Facebook page here.
Find a more exhaustive list of events below.
ATTENTION: When you shop using Amazon Smile, Amazon makes a donation to the non-profit of your choice! That non-profit can be TNYA! Learn more about Amazon Smile here.
Full List of Upcoming Special Events, Social Gatherings and Registration Deadlines (in chronological order):
- November 2020-March 2021: TNYA’s Winter 2020-2021 Programming*
- November 2020-January 2021: TNYA’s Closeout 2020 (Awards Banquet & Holiday Party, Annual Meeting, Financial Closeout & Board Elections)*
- January 28, 2021: Virtual Q&A with Olympian Kara Lynn Joyce
- February 1-28, 2021: Virtual One Hour Swim Fundraising Drive
- May 2021 (POSTPONED INDEFINITELY): IGLA 2021 in Salt Lake City, Utah
- July 2021 (RESCHEDULED): 2020 Olympic Games (Tokyo 2020) in Tokyo, Japan
- August 2021: WorldPride 2021 and EuroGames 2021 (Copenhagen 2021) in Copenhagen, Denmark. For more information, visit their website at: www.copenhagen2021.com
- November 2022: Gay Games XI (Hong Kong 2022) (which will include IGLA 2022) in Hong Kong. For more information, visit their website at: www.gaygameshk2022.com
*Events also listed on our Facebook page here.
This is not an exhaustive list of upcoming events. You can find more events under the IGLA umbrella on the IGLA Online Event Calendar. You can find a list of all upcoming US Masters Swimming-sanctioned swim meets in the ClubAssistant Database of Upcoming Masters Swim Meets. You can find a list of all USA Water Polo-sanctioned events on the USA Water Polo’s Online Event Calendar. You can find a list of all USA Diving-sanctioned events on the USA Diving Online Event Calendar. You can find a list of all USA Synchronized Swimming-sanctioned events on the USA Synchronized Swimming Online Event Calendar.
Throughout the year, we hold a number of special events, which include our monthly happy hour, our annual swim meet, our annual water polo tournament, and other athletic events, social events, community building, community engagement and community service.
Our team’s special events and social events generally include: our annual general meeting, our annual fundraiser (One Hour Swim) in the winter; our Annual Training Camp, an biannual swim meet (Aquapalooza), and annual water polo tournament (Holedrive) in the spring; picnics and beach days (such as our Asbury Park Icebreaker and Central Park picnics) in the summer; and our annual awards banquet at the end of the year. We also have a monthly happy hour. In addition to our own fundraising efforts, we have participated in other fundraising efforts as well (such as the AIDS Walk), volunteered with Heritage of Pride during pride month, and built community through networking events like Jockathon.
Last year, we hosted the 2019 International Gay & Lesbian Aquatics Championships (IGLA 2019) June 23-29 during NYC Pride, WorldPride 2019, and Stonewall50. Since we hosted the premier international LGBTQ+ aquatics competition this year, we did not hold our normal biannual swim meet and annual water polo tournament in the spring of 2019. More information about IGLA 2019 is available here. Our biannual swim meet and annual water polo tournament were cancelled in 2020 due to the pandemic.
If you have any questions or would like more information about our events, contact our Event Planning Committee here.