UPDATED AND REVISED ON MONDAY, JUNE 21, 2021:
Major News Updates & Upcoming Events (in chronological order):
- OUR OFFICIAL PRIDE AQUATICS EVENT: Join us for our First Annual Pride Swim at Brighton Beach on 6/27!
- NEXT EVENT: Front Runners’ Pride Week Kick-Off Social/Pre-Pride Run Happy Hour @ Boxers Chelsea (37 West 20th Street) on 6/22 @ 6pm (until 10:00pm) (In-Person)
- UPCOMING EVENT: Front Runners & New York Road Runners Virtual Speaking Panel on Intersectionality on 6/23 @ 6pm (Virtual)
- UPCOMING EVENT: Front Runners’ 40th Annual LGBTQ+ Pride Run on 6/26 (In-Person with option to participate virtually between 6/25 and 6/30)
- UPCOMING EVENT: Front Runners’ Pride Weekend Party/Post-Pride Run Happy Hour @ Boxers Chelsea (37 West 20th Street) on Saturday, June 26 @ 3:00pm (until close) (In-Person)
- REGISTER NOW: Registration Now Open for June Practices!
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: All Splash Cards MUST be turned in by June 30!
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Read our statement commemorating Juneteenth with our commitment to community service
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Water Polo & Synchronized Swimming (Artistic Swimming) have reopened!
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Join Us for Pride Month Events Starting May 26!
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Join Us for Spring and Summer In-Person Events Starting May 22!
- IMPORTANT: New Members Are Welcome To Join Now!
- IMPORTANT: Now Hiring a Head Coach for the Diving Team!
- IMPORTANT: Intermediate Swim Clinics (Low Pressure Zone) Now Available & Beginners’ Swim Clinics (USMS Adult Learn-to-Swim) Coming Soon!
- IMPORTANT: Recap of Virtual Town Hall on 1/25 & Virtual Awards Banquet on 12/17
- IMPORTANT: Fill Out the New Gay Games Hong Kong 2022 Survey
- IMPORTANT: Read the OutSports Article about the 2022 Gay Games in Hong Kong and 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing
- IMPORTANT: IGLA 2021 in Salt Lake City originally scheduled for May 2021 has been postponed indefinitely
- ATTENTION: TNYA and IGLA featured in USMS Swimming Magazine Piece
- ATTENTION: Read our open letters to New York City government officials in response to New York Magazine’s article about New York City public pools, beaches and lifeguards
- ATTENTION: Read #StopAsianHate Statement from Our Board of Directors
- ATTENTION: Read our Statement in Support of Ongoing #BlackLivesMatter Protests Condemning Policy Brutality & Racial Discrimination
- ATTENTION: Shop on Amazon using Amazon Smile for a portion of your purchase to be donated to TNYA!
- SAVE-THE-DATE: Gay Games 2022 will be held in Hong Kong in November 2022
- SAVE-THE-DATE: 2020 Olympic Games (Tokyo 2020) rescheduled to start in July 2021
- SAVE-THE-DATE: 2021 TNYA Beach Day with Front Runners tentatively scheduled for August 1, 2021
*Events also listed on our Facebook page here.
Find a more exhaustive list of events below.
ATTENTION: When you shop using Amazon Smile, Amazon makes a donation to the non-profit of your choice! That non-profit can be TNYA! Learn more about Amazon Smile here.
Full List of Upcoming Special Events, Social Gatherings and Registration Deadlines (in chronological order):
- May 25-30, 2021 (POSTPONED INDEFINITELY): IGLA 2021 in Salt Lake City, Utah
- May 26-June 30, 2021: Upcoming Pride Month Events in New York City
- May 22-September 19, 2021: Upcoming Spring & Summer Events
- June 13, 2021: OutCycling’s Annual Pride Ride in New York City Tri-State Metropolitan Area (multiple long-distanced multi-state routes)
- June 23-30, 2021: Front Runners’ 40th Annual Pride Run Events in Central Park
- June 27, 2021: First Annual Pride Swim at Brighton Beach, Brooklyn
- June 27-August 21, 2021: Lake George Virtual Swim (In-Person Event scheduled for August 21, 2021) in Hague, New York
- July 21-August 8, 2021 (RESCHEDULED): 2020 Olympic Games (Tokyo 2020) in Tokyo, Japan
- July 24, 2021: Kingdom Games Open Water Swim in Newport, Vermont
- August 1, 2021: Beach Day with Front Runners New York (SAVE-THE-DATE)
- August 8, 2021: Jason Nessel Memorial Invitational Swim Meet in Rahway, New Jersey
- August 12-22, 2021: WorldPride 2021 and EuroGames 2021 (Copenhagen 2021) in Copenhagen, Denmark
- September 18-19, 2021: Rocky Mountain Oyster Festival Water Polo Tournament in Denver, Colorado
- October 29-31, 2021: Toronto Triggerfish PoloPalooza Water Polo Tournament in Toronto, Canada
- November 2022: Gay Games XI (Hong Kong 2022) (which will including IGLA 2022) in Hong Kong
*Events also listed on our Facebook page here.
This is not an exhaustive list of upcoming events. You can find more events under the IGLA umbrella on the IGLA Website. You can find a list of all upcoming US Masters Swimming-sanctioned swim meets in the ClubAssistant Database of Upcoming Masters Swim Meets. You can find a list of all USA Water Polo-sanctioned events on the USA Water Polo’s Online Event Calendar. You can find a list of all USA Diving-sanctioned events on the USA Diving Online Event Calendar. You can find a list of all USA Artistic Swimming-sanctioned events on the USA Artistic Swimming Online Event Calendar.
Throughout the year, we hold a number of special events, which include our monthly happy hour, our annual swim meet, our annual water polo tournament, and other athletic events, social events, community building, community engagement and community service.
Our team’s special events and social events generally include: our annual general meeting, our annual fundraiser (One Hour Swim) in the winter; our Annual Training Camp, an biannual swim meet (Aquapalooza), and annual water polo tournament (Holedrive) in the spring; picnics and beach days (such as our Asbury Park Icebreaker and Central Park picnics) in the summer; and our annual awards banquet at the end of the year. We also have a monthly happy hour. In addition to our own fundraising efforts, we have participated in other fundraising efforts as well (such as the AIDS Walk), volunteered with Heritage of Pride during pride month, and built community through networking events like Jockathon.
Last year, we hosted the 2019 International Gay & Lesbian Aquatics Championships (IGLA 2019) June 23-29 during NYC Pride, WorldPride 2019, and Stonewall50. Since we hosted the premier international LGBTQ+ aquatics competition this year, we did not hold our normal biannual swim meet and annual water polo tournament in the spring of 2019. More information about IGLA 2019 is available here. Our biannual swim meet and annual water polo tournament were cancelled in 2020 due to the pandemic.
If you have any questions or would like more information about our events, contact our Event Planning Committee here.