UPDATED AND REVISED ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2021:
Fall Beach Day with Red Tide on September 26
Couldn’t make our summer beach day? Want one more jaunt at the beach before the weather turns for the chillier? SWEET! Join Red Tide Masters Swimming at Brighton Beach at 10am on Sunday, September 26th for a one mile swim, followed by a much needed social hour with your TNYAs and Red Tide-ers. Meet at Grimaldo’s Chair just at 9:45am. Swim starts at 10am sharp. Have questions? E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
ARCHIVED PRESS RELEASE
Summer Beach Day with Front Runners on August 1
We’re excited for our Annual Summer Beach Day at Brighton Beach, our annual collaboration with Front Runners New York (FRNY) on Sunday, August 1! This event is open to all current TNYA and FRNY members. If you just want to come swim with us or hang out at the beach, there’s no need to sign up this year—just show up! But FRNY does require sign-up for the intro to open-water swimming clinic and the run and bike ride to the beach. Please use the link in the TNYA weekly e-mail newsletter to sign up if you are a TNYA member (or the FRNY gram if you are a FRNY member). For more information about signing up for the clinic, contact us at: email@example.com
Schedule of Events
- 8am: Long Run begins in Brooklyn. The run ends at Brighton Beach. Bags will be transported (please pack lightly – no umbrellas)
- 8am: Bike ride begins (starting at the entrance to the Manhattan Bridge, Manhattan side). Cyclists are expected to carry their own bags.
- 8:45am: Yoga on the beach
- 10am: Meeting time at the beach, and time to get ready to swim! (Meeting point is at Grimaldo’s Chair at the intersection of the Boardwalk and 4th Street)
- 10:15am: Start time for open-water swimming clinic
- 10:30am: Start time for 1-2 mile swim (pace and distance groups will be determined at the start)
General Information about Open Water Swimming
We do not hold open water swimming practices or events on a regular basis, but some of our members often swim with Coney Island & Brighton Beach Open Water Swimmers (CIBBOWS) who do have regularly swims together at the beaches in Brooklyn, including the polar bear swim on New Years’ Day in Coney Island. We also hold at least one beach day for our members (such as our Brighton Beach open water swims in Summer 2020 (details below)). In the past, our members have competed in open water swimming events such as the 20 Bridges Swim around Manhattan, New York City Triathlon, Lake George Open Water Swim, and other open water swimming competitions. This summer, we are putting on our first annual pride open water swim with CIBBOWS on Sunday, June 27! We will also continue to meet regularly at the beaches this summer. To coordinate with our teammates going to the beach, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For details on upcoming events, visit our News & Events page.