UPDATE ON MARCH 30, 2020: Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), Aquapalooza, originally scheduled for May 16, 2020, has been cancelled.We will work to reschedule the Aquapalooza after we resume normal operations.Additional information on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on our operations is available here.
UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 1, 2020: Our Home Swim Meet, Aquapalooza, is back in 2020! Save-the-Date for Aquapalooza Weekend on May 15-17, 2020! The swim meet will be on Saturday morning (May 16). We will be providing more details and opening registration soon. Check our website regularly for updates. Information about Aquapalooza 2018 can be found below.
Our Home Swim Meet, Aquapalooza, was last held on May 19, 2018!
And the results are now available for download!
Our big weekend, open to all USMS-registered swimmers age 18 and over, is held every 2 years, with a pre-meet social, a fantastic meet run at one of New York’s best facilities, and a massive post-meet afterparty open for all competitors, teammates, friends & family. Your registration fee covers the cost for the meet and both social events.
- Warm-Up: 8:00am-8:55am • Meet Start: 9:00am • Expected Finish: 1:45pm
- Swimmers are allowed to register for up to 3 individual events and 1 relay.
- Events (SCY): 50/100/200 FL; 50/100/200 BK; 50/100/200 BR; 50/100/200/500 FR; 100/200 IM; 200 FR relay
- To keep the meet moving quickly, Events 6, 7 and 8 will be seeded as a combined 200 yard backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly.
- Registration for the 500 FR is limited to the first 40 entrants.
Here’s what’s on the calendar:
- Pre-Registration and Welcome Cocktails Friday, May 18, 2018, 6pm-9pm, Boxer’s Hell’s Kitchen (742 9th Avenue @ 50th Street).
- Aquapalooza Plunge! Saturday, May 19, 2018, 4pm-8pm, Therapy (348 West 52nd Street, btw 8th & 9th Avenue). A fabulous DJ, free post-meet nibbles, drink specials and more.
Your registration includes a ticket to the pre- and post-meet parties (drinks not included). Your delightful friends are absolutely welcome at all events, but Plunge requires a separate ticket ($20) for nonparticipants — they’re available when registering for Aquapalooza IV or online at plunge.yapsody.com. And if you’re looking to kill time and recharge between Aquapalooza IV and Plunge, Boxers Hell’s Kitchen will have brunch specials on food and drink for meet participants and their friends.
The Housing & Everything Else
If you are traveling from out of town and would like to explore hosted housing with TNYA, or if you have any other questions generally, please email TNYA at firstname.lastname@example.org.